AGING WITH COMFORT, AGING WITH DIGNITY
Asha Geriatric Psychiatric Clinic
Lifespan of people across the country is increasing. The percentage of people of age 60 years is expected to increase from 8% in 2015 to 19% in 2050.
With increasing age there is increase in rates of age-related diseases. Old age population has burden of many chronic medical ailments like diabetes hypertension rheumatism, coronary heart disease, and cancer, Parkinson’s disease and stroke, etc. This can lead to immense psychological and financial burden on individual and family and making them more vulnerable to various mental illnesses.
Mental illness and old age-related neuropsychiatric disorders are a major concern as far as quality of life of elderly and aging with comfort and dignity is concerned. Most common psychiatric illnesses in the elderly population are:
- Alzheimer’s dementia &its behavioral and psychological manifestations
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Dementia in Lewy body
- Vascular and mixed dementias etc.
- Parkinson’s disease and its psychological manifestations
- Reversible dementias
- Anxiety disorders,
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Alcohol & other substance use disorders,
- Organic brain diseases.
“ASHA GERITRIC PSYCHIATRIC CLINIC” is here to help
- Trained and experienced geriatric psychiatrist
- Trained and experienced clinical and neuropsychologists
- Cognitive therapist
- Physiotherapist and speech therapist
- Psychiatric social workers
ABOUT OUR SERVICES:
Asha hospital Geriatric psychiatry unit provides comprehensive, Diagnostic and therapeutic services for both inpatient and outpatient basis, for patients of age 60 years and above. With range of psychological emotionalbehavioral and cognitive problems.
1. Outpatient services include:
- Detailed psychiatric evaluation by trained and experienced psychiatrist
- Detailed memory and cognitive assessment
- Neuropsychiatric assessment,
- Pharmacological management
- Psychotherapy and counseling
- Psychoeducation and counseling of caretakers
- Cognitive enhancement and memory exercises
- Biofeedback and rTMS
2. Inpatient services:
- Fully equipped and specifically designed inpatient ward based on the needs of old age patients managed 24/7 by trained psychiatrists& nursing staff.
- High dependency unit for patients with both high medical and high psychiatric needs
- Inpatient based detailed neuropsychological assessment
- memory & cognitive assessment
- Psychotherapy and counseling
- Psychoeducation and counseling of caretakers.
- Counseling about long term care of geriatric patients.
3. Day care services for persons living with dementia:
- Asha hospital runs dementia daycare center in collaboration with ARDSI Hyderabad Deccan Chapter.Offering services such as:
- Person centerered care plan
- Cognitive stimulating activities
- Functional rehabilitation(activities of daily living)
- Speech therapy
- Theme based knowledge sharing / training
- Monthly support-groups for caretakers, specifically attempting to reduce caregiver burden through theme based interactive discussion, knowledge sharing sessions and expert guidance.
4. “Golden Oak - Home for Elders with Special Needs” is an assisted living center forelders with dementia and other psychiatric needs.
- Long term facility care and rehabilitation for dementia and other psychiatric illness where resident clients are provided specific need based psychological and behavioral therapies including pharmacological management by psychiatrist and neurophysicians.
5. HOME VISITS:
- Home visits in special and exclusive circumstances for previously diagnosed patients by team of psychiatrist, nursing staff psychologist and counselor.